Cisco's Technical Assistance Center (TAC) uses social to reinvent Customer Support for high-tech products. The initiative transformed TAC's traditional escalation model and created a networked learning organization by creating knowledge through collaboration.
1. Intelligent Matching: Routes service requests to the right engineer first
2. Collaborative Engagement Model: Encourages experts to collaborate on complex issues within the CRM system and Tech Zone a Lithium community
3. Integrated Workflow: Aggregates multiple tools into a single interface
4. Knowledge Creation & Reuse: Captures crowd-sourced knowledge directly within the workflow
5. Reputation and Gamification: Encourages quality and participation with Lithium's social recognition tools
Adoption has gone viral and the results have been impressive:
* Participation went from 300 to 8,500 in nine months
* Generated $7 million in savings
* Reduced time-to-resolution by 32%
* Reduced case escalations by 42%
The business impact for Cisco's Technical Assistance Center has been remarkable. Estimated cost savings for the first year are $7 million with an anticipated return of $32 million over the next 3 years. The knowledge capture and sharing drove down Time-to-Resolution, as did the collaborative problem solving. Together these drove Time-to-Resolution down by an impressive 32%. As the social knowledge base grows, improvements in level-1 resolutions and time-to-resolution are expected. Case escalations are costly both in agent labor and customer effort. Case escalations were down by 42% and case transfers were down by 11%.
The service engineers have seen enormous value in the system and have readily adopted the new capabilities, which is particularly meaningful given the dramatic change in workflow. Active participation in Tech Zone is 75% and growing. The satisfaction rating for the process and tools is 4.6 out of 5 and savings in technical training is expected ~ $2 million per year.
May 2011 to present
Overall Rating: (13 votes)
Reviewed April 11, 2013 by rosieReport Inappropriate Review
Reviewed March 19, 2013 by Snapback
This is really something that is very effective from what you state. I am very happy that I found this website.Wholesale Snapback HatsReport Inappropriate Review
Reviewed January 17, 2013 by alina
i am very interested in your article,do you like NBA Beanies.Report Inappropriate Review
Reviewed January 9, 2013 by NBA Snapback Hats
NBA Hats say for example a visual element accumulation and individuals who want to allege aloud about his admired group. NBA Snapback HatsReport Inappropriate Review
Reviewed December 30, 2012 by james
The customer support that they offer here is so good. There is so many companies that can learn from this so much. The customer gets so much from it. AMBI SurgeryReport Inappropriate Review
Reviewed October 19, 2012 by Tim W.
Impressive process innovation! Innovation is still the key to success. True community platform enabled this result.Report Inappropriate Review